Biological Material Disposal
About this protocol: The proper disposal of liquid biological waste is important to ensure compliance with UC guidlines. This protocol can be used for most biological materials, see the list at the end of this article for special cases.
1. Aspirate all sterile liquid waste into the aspiration beaker.
2. Add bleach to a final concentration of 10%.
3. Let the bleach sit in the liquid waste for ~5 minutes.
4. Dispose of the waste by pouring down the sink slowly with water running.
5. Rinse all glassware thoroughly before hanging up to dry.
- Paraformaldehyde - see Paraformaldehyde Disposal protocol.
- Ara-C - see Ara-C Disposal protocol